Monday, September 22, 2014

I Love My Garden! {part 2}

The veggies I'm getting from my garden are so good! The heirloom pineapple tomatoes are so large one filled my two hands. The onions were replanted twice; I left the purple onions re-root to grow again and whether they'll amount to much, time will tell.

Top left: free pot-bound banana peppers that are producing madly. Top right: heirloom purple tomatoes though I haven't seen the purple and will not bother with them again.

Bottom left: heirloom pineapple tomatoes that will definitely be on my list again.
 
Bottom center: my summer crop of onions. I know, I know, pitiful but they were still good. Bottom right: purple onions re-rooted and growing again.

And the cotton plant? It's a monster at 8ft tall with one pitiful opened cotton cluster and lots of unopened seed pods. Suffice it to say it is an interesting plant. I'm ready to lop it off.


I hope you won't weary of my garden posts because it will need to be broken down into four posts instead of two.

Coming next: the creation of the garden courtyard.

~ Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment