Monday, October 27, 2014

Embracing Autumn

I try! I really try to embrace autumn but I do it with sadness because it's saying good-bye to summer loveliness and my favorite season. Having said that, fall is truly beautiful, treasured all the more because it's so fleeting.

I put a few autumn decorations up which are mostly recycled from last year. If it's not broken, why fix it?

I put this basket together four years ago at Fleur Cottage where it hung on the outside door. I found these very realistic pears and apples at the GW.
I love my wide windowsills! There is something on them year round.
Two years ago I bought orange pumpkins on sale and spray-painted them white.
Then there's my canning jar rings turned into pumpkins by stringing together 24 rings, sticking in a dried stick from the outdoors and tying them with tulle. Glamour meets rustic!
And the lovely foliage we're surrounded with is so beautiful!
Soon this décor will be switched around for Christmas-another favorite season!

~ Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment