Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What's Happening at Apartment 12?

 
Today is an amazingly beautiful day after the week end rains. I'm sitting outside in my porch enjoying the sunshine and breezes and waiting for a paint project to dry. Outside of my own gardens, the goals of the Petershiem's are slowly happening. One of them was a proper fence for the goats and chickens.
 
The goats ate my first crop of lettuce and enjoyed my porch way too much. The chickens scratched and scratched my mulch looking for bugs. It was kind of cute but extremely annoying! Now they live in harmony (mostly) behind this fence.

I planted moss flowers last summer knowing they would re-seed this summer. I transplanted them throughout my garden and by next summer there will be many more everywhere.
The hot peppers look lovely and I've had baked poppers this week. I'm hoping to process some by the time summer is over.
 I've got blue hydrangeas! Love, love!!
Mecks Market opened last week several miles from here. It's exciting to see this store carry fresh organic food and meats and I shall be a regular customer!

We went shopping last week. Ty 'needed' socks and loves anything soft ball, hence his choice of new socks. He calls me Gammie. Melts my heart.


Until next time!
 
 
~ Esther


No comments:

Post a Comment