Wednesday, January 1, 2014

As We Were...

December 31, 2013

I was on the road early this morning when 'our song' came on the radio. How well I remember hearing it for the first time in the wee hours of the morning back in April of this year, then how God re-affirmed the song several hours later VIA Face Book...no coincidence at all. So when I heard the opening words of Robin Mark's words of 'All is Well,' I knew what was coming. It stirred up a huge well of emotion and memory.

The above incident happened
***********************

I wrote this yesterday, thinking it was a good way to end my last post for 2013. It didn't happen. In fact, I have a hard time remembering what we did last year for Christmas and New Year. I do remember two years ago that Mr. D had shaved his beard just before Christmas and I didn't notice it for two days. We had a good laugh over that! I also remember thinking he seemed to be so well I could almost pretend nothing was wrong. But all the while the cancer was growing. Hated, despicable disease! I know...sounds morbid, but there it is.

*************************

January 2014...

Truth be told, I'm not sure what to do with this new year. I can't see much beyond the next several months.

I am defining 2014 in one word - 'WAIT.' Waiting has always been difficult for me; I want things to move, preferably forward or to be done NOW. I have also moved too fast with not so good consequences. So to wait will be good and I know in the waiting God will hold me close.

***********************

The lyrics of Robin Mark.

All is Well

He lowers us so we can sing HIS praises

Whatever is HIS way - all is well

He makes us rich and poor that we might trust HIM more

What ever is HIS way - all is well

He clothes us now then strips us

Yet with His word equips us

Whatever is HIS way - all is well

And though our seasons change, we still exalt HIS name

Whatever is HIS way - all is well.

Then there is the chorus - the chorus that so comforted both of us!

All my changes come from Him, He who NEVER changes.

I'm held firm in the grasp of the Rock of all the ages...

All is well with my soul - HE is God in control

I know not His plans but I know I'm in HIS hands!

(emphasis mine)

I want to do 2014 well. Not perfect...but WELL! To do the 'hard but necessary stuff of life.' Though 'As We Were' will never be again, the promise of our future never changed! At the end of the day, I still hear those words from my honey ringing in my ears, 'You'll be okay!'

~ Esther

2 comments:

  1. Hugs dear sister of mine! You are loved! ~ Lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. We send our love to you dear Esther as you "wait". God is faithful. He knows your every need. Levi & Peg <3

    ReplyDelete