Friday, January 24, 2014

Footstools{re-do}





I found this in a thrift store for a buck seventy-five...yeppers, one dollar and seventy-five cents. The top was very grungy and the hearts are a thing of the past, so, so seventy-ish but the thing that grabbed my heart was the hand-grab on the top...just melted me. And it was wooden...that's a given for me.

I love me a footstool! They're cute and can be used as more than a place to rest your feet on. I've seen them on kitchen counters, different sizes stacked on top of  each other or just 'settin' around lookin' purty.' I tried one on my kitchen counter but that didn't quite fit the look.

I keep them (yes, them because I just found another cute one) nearby in the kitchen to reach the high places my short five foot-two inch height can't reach. There's two more in my storage/laundry/turned into a teen-tiny paint room (more on that later) that need to be refurbished.

Coming back to the cute footstools...

She was very grungy.



But she looks like this now...


With her sidekick...


who also got a make-over.

Did I say she melts me? Except for the hearts.

I know, I know...it's just a footstool.

But a cute one!

Do you notice the floor? It's called 'planking' and I love, love that, too! I'll talk about flooring in another post.

Stay toasty, people...it's cold, baby...COLD!

~ Esther



2 comments:

  1. Esther, you are amazing and I see why you stay warm, you are always working.... I love the 2 stools.... You stole the one with the hearts, but their loss if that is all they wanted~~~~~. Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the makeover on the stools! Enjoying your new blog. Praying all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete