Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Wreath {thrifted}

Christmas decorating doesn't need to be expensive. I found two plain wreaths at the local thrift store for $2.00 each and put my own signature on them. I used pinecones from many years of collecting them off the ground to decorate and after-Christmas sales burlap ribbon and glittered words.
 
The scrunched-up wreath on top right. Bottom right, it's fluffed up and given a light spray of white paint. Wreath on left is the finished product. It was a simple, several hours project. 
I'm delighted with the finished product. The swag above the door I've had for many years but it's the first time it's outdoors. It's sheltered by being close to the house and protected by the floor of the deck above. And a close-up of the wreaths below.
 
It's not too late to shop the thrift stores for Christmas goodies!
 
~ Esther 

2 comments: